Wednesday, December 7, 2011

"A Step Back"


Some time ago, it was promised that this site would feature recognizable logos occasionally, such as those posted earlier of Buick and Coca-Cola. The discovery of this logo for Mobil Oil was nothing more than a happy coincidence while traveling Highway 86 through the small town of Quitaque, Texas en route to The Caprock Canyons. The antique gas pump no longer holds gallons of petrol, but houses birds as is evidenced by the nest resting where high octane used to flow. Those were simpler times indeed. And I was lucky to capture history for a brief moment and now privileged to share my good fortune with you.

1 comment:

  1. Great composition Jim. I thought this might be located on the gorge road to Santa Fe until I read your comments. Sounds like a trip to Quitaque TX should be on Steve's traveling list. Peggy I.

    ReplyDelete