Sunday, September 1, 2013

"The Cutie.....and Her Beasts"

Funny what you'll run across cruising the backroads in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.  On an overcast Sunday afternoon, the goats seemed to be as curious in me as I was in them as they perched atop stacked logs in their grassy pen.  But the real treat was when I was approached by their owner thinking that maybe I'd be in the market to buy one of her newborns still confined to the barn.  It wasn't a kid I wanted, but a photograph of this absolutely delightful young lady.  And did she ever oblige with a smile that lit up a cloudy day.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again...."You're  missin' all the fun if you're driving the interstate.  Take a farm road and discover what Americana is all about!!!........"

3 comments:

  1. America the beautiful, as seen in that smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Jim. First, I love goats and second, the young gal's smile does light up the known universe. And you're absolutely right about the backroads.

    ReplyDelete